Question: Unit 1 Use and develop systems that promote communication
Description of Task: Reflective account to demonstrate your knowledge and competency in the use and development of systems that promote communication
Please note that you should refer to the attached Activity guide prior to commencing your answers. This will ensure that you provide evidence that fully meets the unit requirements without completing additional work.
With reference to your own job role, reflect on:
1. How you review the communication needs of individuals whose needs must be addressed. Unit 1 .
2. How you support effective communication. Unit 1 .
3. Discuss at length barriers to communication and how you should overcome them. Unit 1 .
4. How you evaluate and monitor existing communication systems and practices. Unit 1 .
5. Using an example from recent practice, reflect on, how you addressed shortcomings and monitored compliance with your suggested changes. Unit 1 .
6. The most effective communication methods for partnership working comparing three different methods. What are the benefits and shortfalls of each? Suggest improvements to these methods. Unit 1
7. The sharing of information within and between organisations. Discuss at length the ethical tensions including confidentiality and disclosure in the interest of the individual. Unit 1 .
Opening Strategies. There is still the further question of how to start. What makes a good opening? You can start with specific facts and information, a keynote quotation, a question, an anecdote, or an image. But whatever sort of opening you choose, it should be directly related to your focus. A snappy quotation that doesn't help establish the context for your essay or that later plays no part in your thinking will only mislead readers and blur your focus. Be as direct and specific as you can be. This means you should avoid two types of openings: